Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome to Germany!!

Luftansa was great!  Even in the back where we all sat, it was a great experience.  Each seat has a private TV screen with menus.  You could choose a movie, TV show, news or just music.  They handed out headphones free of charge.  Early in the flight they offered dinner.  We had a choice between chicken and mashed potatoes or spicy vegetarian pasta.  I had the chicken and it was blazing hot!  So much so that I had to blow on the meat for every bite.  Not bad for airplane food either!  Came with rice and a brownie.  Beer and wine was free, but I stuck with stilleswassa.  I watched a Harry Potter movie (because I am dorky like that) and then read a chapter of a book on my iPad.  I spent the last 5-6 hours attempting to sleep.  We were lucky in that the plane was half empty so there was no one sitting next to me.  I could sprawl out as much as I wanted to .... as much as you can across 2 seats on an airplane. =/  Needless to say, I sit here running on 1 hour of sleep.  The coolest thing was the screens that showed exactly where the plane was on a map, the altitude, speed, etc etc.  I loved that.

View from my seat as we were descending into Munich.  Snow on the ground...so pretty!



Getting through the airport wasn't bad at all.  We stuck together for the most part and made it through customs easily.  Finding the drivers was a challenge in itself, but thanks to well prepared colleagues, we finally found them.

The Munich airport:



Moving in was a great experience!  For those coming in the future, you have nothing to worry about with the apartments.  I am in a unique situation where I will actually be moving again in 2 weeks due to some renovations, but its no big deal.  I had the opportunity to meet my very sweet (future) landlord and I think it will be nothing but positive experiences.

As you can see, I'm trying really hard to fit in and not look SO American tonight lolol =)  Just wait until I get all of my cammo gear out!    bwahahahaha


My very first German beer was in a greek restaurant and I don't even remember what kind of beer it was.  FAIL.  Food and the beer were awesome though!  Taverna... something was the name of the place.


Below is a pic of my yummy gyro plate.  Served also with a salad.  It was awesome!



Not sure what else to say with such a tired mind on a very awesome day.  So thankful to be here.  SO thankful for this opportunity.  Thankful for new friends and thankful for the support of old friends.


Maybe more intelligent things to add to this tomorrow.  =)

Tschuss

2 comments:

  1. Willkommen in Deutschland. Wir hoffen, es gefällt Dir.

    LG

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Leana,
    we are glad to hear you are well. If you will visit us, we will go to a greek restaurant where you can eat a very good Gyros, we think a better one you had. But now enjoy your first inpressions. CU

    ReplyDelete