Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Honky Horn Thingamabobie

Europeans don't care about being seen as different.  Not one bit.  So when you work at a plant with 8 million people, having a bike that stands out is important - especially around lunch time.  And SO, being the cool kid that I am, I bought a little something at Toys R Us in Salzburg to set my Wackermobikebile off from the rest....


Ya thats right.  100% genuine Cars Lightening McQueen honky horn thingie.  (Not my hand in the picture BTW...someone felt the need to honk my horn AND take a picture of it in action.)  SUPA!  

Now, back to the story I was supposed to be telling.  

On my way home today, I was trying to walk and maneuver the bike through the tiny gate at my apartment.  The pedal caught and I was close to eating dirt for dinner.  As I was falling, the horn kept hitting my hips and honking.  I looked up and saw a terrified German yard guy.  I wish I had a picture of his face.  

1.  What is an American doing here?  
2.  What kind of sound WAS that?  There MUST be a law preventing strange sounds when you scare the crap out of people.  
3.  Who in their right mind has that kind of horn on their bike?  There MUST be a law for this somewhere.  
4.  What idiot doesn't know how to get their bike through a gate?  There MUST be a regulation for proper maneuvering of a bike through gates.  

I couldn't help but giggle.  A lot.  

Proud moment number 644 for THIS crazy American girl!  


No comments:

Post a Comment