Monday, January 23, 2012

Anticipation

Ok.  So I have never blogged before.  I've never even been good at keeping up with a journal.  However, this is a pretty monumental life event so I shall try and share what I can in a venue more advanced than a traditional Facebook medium.

It is now 1 week and 1 day until I step on a plane and set off for Burghausen, Germany.  Its quite nerve-wracking really all of the preparation that has gone into this adventure.  Not to mention the heartache from the decision to leave my son with his father....thats an entirely different matter with an entirely different set of tears.

One week and one day.

Do I have enough packed?  Too much packed?  The right things packed?  What did I forget?  What affairs do I not have in order?  Yikes.  The list goes on and on and on.  Language training this week at work has left my mind wracked with headaches.  SOOO much information.  I feel so desperate to learn as quickly as possible to be able to function.  It seems the more German I learn, the more my mind tries to revert back to thinking in Spanish.  I even answered with "adios" today.  Really LeAna?  Adios?!?!?!?!?!

I received pictures of my apartment today.  Very cute and comfortable.  I am also very happy about the location - only a block or so from Market Str (I need to learn the keyboard shortcuts I guess...).  I am hoping that will be conducive for nightly shopping (as we were taught was customary.)

More things to pack and words to learn.  Good night my friends.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget my beer! :)
    -E
    From Mercer
    Asian
    Male
    Glasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs! Your family is always with you :) <3

    ReplyDelete