Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Bubble

I heart the Germans.  I truly do.  They have taught me so much this past year.  However!... sometimes I feel like I need a break.

I decided last week that I needed a German-free weekend.  I left to escape to the mountains and enjoy good ole 'Merika.  And then there it was... Helen, Ga.  An entire town modeled after Germany/Bavaria.  My German-free bubble was busted, and busted in a big way.  Nevertheless, I took full advantage and had a smooth, yummy German Weißbier and some authentic sauerkraut.  nomnomnom

That got me thinking though... is it even POSSIBLE to have a German-free bubble??  Even disregarding the 47 million Germans I interact with from work, I began to wonder what other influences we feel in America from those crazy beer drinkin, 3-course sausage eating folks across the pond.

Mission:  24-48 hours in a German-free bubble in 'Merika.

To be continued...

1.  Das Autos.
In order to exist in a German-free bubble, I have to first eliminate cars.  BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, and of course the pride of Chattanooga - the Volkswagen.

Try again...


2.  Everyday sightings

Movie Theater:

(And yes, the Bavarians are a little bit nutty)  =)


Restaurants:

Blitzkreig = German for "lightening war"
After drinking that shot, you'd be making some war with the toilet.


An edible German influence albeit misspelled, quite nauseating and no where near accurate...


No comments:

Post a Comment